Member Spotlight: Alicia Ammann
Miami University 2018
- IIDA Member Since:
- Who is your favorite designer?
- Tell us a bit about your creative process.
Usually I like to research and understand the people I am trying to design for. Then I typically do a lot of sketching, researching inspiration or creating models of shapes that inspire me to help me figure out a way to create beauty while meeting the client's needs.
- What is the most interesting thing you've seen or read this week?
Healthcare Design Magazine's photo gallery article on Nicklaus Children's Hospital in Miami, Florida.
- What gets you excited about design?
Space planning and meeting functional needs of people in really clever and unique ways.
- What is the most impractical talent you have?
Playing the flute.
- Favorite IIDA event?
IIDA Miami University's Student Chapter trip to Charlotte in November of last year.
- What has been the most important thing you've learned in design school?
School is a time where you can be as creative and as crazy with design as possible, so fly as high as you can until someone tells you to bring it down a notch.
written by IIDA Cincinnati Dayton