Apr 17 12:00pm
Please join IIDA Toledo for a CEU on furniture design and textiles sponsored by Steelcase and NBS.
- The event will be held at NBS on the 2nd floor. Address: 4 North St. Clair Street.
- Parking will be available on the street as well as in pay lots that are within walking distance.
- Registration will be on site from 11:45am to Noon. The CEU program will run from Noon to 1:00pm. Lunch will be Provided.
- Earn your AIA or IDCEC Credits!
- Bring your IDCEC number in order to recieve your CEU credit.
- Register early to reserve your spot, seating is limited!
- Overview: This fundamental course will take designers through the design and development process for furniture, taking into consideration frame, suspensions, foam and design intent. The journey continues with a look at fabrics from fiber to weaving to print. It cumulates as we explore the two coming together - the creation of a cover set and the upholstery process. We discover how characteristics of fabric behave on certian designs and how to thoughtfully weave one's way through the selection process. The training ends with visual celebrations of when the combinations work and when they do not.